Clubs and Associations
MERC (Mechatronics Engineering and Robotics Club
The Mechatronic Engineering and Robotics Club (MERC) was formed to foster the creative potential of Engineering students by providing the resources that will allow them to design and build their own projects as well as projects presented to the club through UniSA and Industry. MERC provides a venue for students to interact and share ideas increasing their university social, extra-curricular experience.
In 2014, MERC members competed in the National Instruments Autonomous Robotics Competition in Sydney and placed in the top eight participating Universities in the quarter final round.
ASO (Aviation Student Organisation)
ASO is a student-run organisation which assists School of Engineering Aviation Academy students in gaining industry experience. The Organisation arranges site visits and networking and social opportunities with Industry personnel.
The vision of ASO is to bridge the gap between the University Aviation program and the international Aviation Industry by fostering relationships and developing pathways for current students and graduates in their chosen careers .
ASO is supported by the School of Engineering, the Aviation Academy and the University of South Australia Students’ Association (USASA).
For further information and to join our club, please visit our USASA page. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page to stay up to date with our activities and share anything aviation related at facebook.com/groups/asomembers
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College