The Agricultural Machinery Research and Design Centre (AMRDC) undertakes research under three broad research areas as follows:
Applied or fundamental research and machinery performance testing are offered in addition to the development and manufacture of prototype equipment. Special expertise lies in the areas of tillage and seeding, chemical spraying, and harvest machinery. A large proportion of projects is related to adaptive field machinery research both in Australia and overseas, focussing in particular on the development of integrated engineering solutions in conservation agriculture and no-till farming.
Post-Harvest Processing Technology
This area was developed in response to industry and government demans for practical technology solutions within the Australian food, feed and fibre industries. Activities include sorting, sizing and separation; production audits, process development; designing and manufacturing of specialised plant and equipment.
Utilising computerised design and modelling software combined with purpose developed testing facilities, a key component of this area lies in custom designed and built solutions to individual problems. Expert witness service is also provided where research engineers offer independent expert opinions on a range of engineering related matters.
To learn more about research undertaken in these areas, please visit our Research Projectspage.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College