New Mathematics Short Course
Want to study engineering at UniSA?
Have a great Selection Rank but didn’t complete SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods?
UniSA is introducing a new Maths Short Course to allow students to obtain the required prerequisite before commencing your studies at UniSA.
Access highly qualified maths tutors who will work with you in small groups to get you ready for your studies at UniSA.
SACE Stage 1 Mathematics, at least 20 credits, C grade or higher.
- Step 1 - Apply for Bachelor of Engineering with a lower preference to the Associate Degree in Engineering through SATAC
- Step 2 - Division Academic Services will contact you with offer to undertake the Maths Short Course if you meet the pre-requisite
- Step 3 - Pay fees in person at Mawson Lakes Campus Central. Card or cash payment is available.
- Step 4 - Complete Maths Short Course Program over summer
- Step 5 - Upon successful completion of the summer course, offer to the Bachelor degree will be made through SATAC.
- Step 6 - If successful, commence in the Bachelor program from SP2.
- Step 7 - If unsuccessful, offer will be made to the Associate Degree in Engineering, as a transition to the Bachelor degree.
What to expect
The maths short course will be a revision of:
- Algebraic functions and their graphs; trigonometric functions, properties and identities; elementary matrices and linear algebra
Followed by an introduction to:
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Course contact hours
There is approximately 100 hours of contact time (on-campus).
In addition, students will be expected to spend at least another 60 hours outside of class reflecting on the content and working on exercises and examples.
For more information
Please forward enquiries to IEE-Admissions@unisa.edu.au
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College