UniSA Ranked World Top 100 for Engineering and TechnologyNovember 04 2013
The University of South Australia’s Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment has been acknowledged as a high-performing, progressive and engaging institute, earning impressive rankings for its teaching and research including:
- World top 100 for Engineering and Technology, top six in Australia and number one in South Australia in the 2013-14 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- Industry relevant research - number one in Australia for funding received from Commonwealth grants to CRCs.
- Excellence in Research Australia 2012 rated more than 86 per cent of our university’s assessed research as world standard or above, including a ranking of 4 for Engineering – a performance above world standard.
- Highest in the nation for teaching in Civil Engineering in the Graduate Careers Australia 2012 Course Experience Questionnaire.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College