The School’s multidisciplinary nature is central to its success; a mix of diverse disciplines covers the domains of the built and natural environments, and a stimulating research environment, including a vibrant research hub for Water research, with over 100 HDR students.
Our research encompasses construction management; sustainability; building information modelling; project management, urban and regional planning, building codes and standards; transportation systems design and engineering; geotechnical, structural and water engineering; geomatics; geospatial information science; land surveying; environmental management; biodiversity; soil science; and plant physiology.
Current PhD Topics
- Remote sensing of vegetation for inputs to desertification models
- Remote sensing of coral reef density
- Access to spatial information
- Spectral reflectance of soil lead concentration
- Remote sensing of wetlands
- Modelling of atmospheric dust
- Use of remote sensing in policy administration
- Urban biodiversity and urban density modelling
Learn more about our Research Projects: