Electrical EMC immunity testing
The Australian Flow Management Group (AFMG) have the capacity to test electrical components to several immunity standards. These tests are conducted and reported against Australian and/or international standards.
We also offer testing of electrical equipment to determine Ingress Protection (IP) ratings or IP68. The commissioning and use of this system is based on two standards:
- AS 60529 Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)
- IEC 60512-11-8 Section 8: Test 11h _ Sand and dust
With respect to NMI M 10 and NMI R 49, the AFMG is capable of conducting these IP rating tests on water meters.
Most of the testing services offered are covered by the AFMG's NATA scope of accreditation.
Specification and capability
- Electrostatic Dicharge (ESD) testing in accordance with NMI M 10, AS/NZS 61000.4.2, IEC 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-2
- Fast transients: NMI M 10, AS/NZS 61000.4.4, IEC 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-4
- Voltage dips, short interruptions and voltage variations: NMI M 10, AS/NZS 61000.4.11, IEC 61000-4-11, EN 61000-4-11
- RF immunity testing in accordance to Radiated Immunity: NMI M 10, NMI R 49, AS/NZS 61000.4.20, IEC 61000-4-20, & EN 61000-4-20 in the frequency range 20MHz to 6GHz. Note that this RF immunity testing is not currently (June 2012) covered by our NATA accreditation.
For a quotation or further information on EMC testing please email Chris Preece.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College