Australian Flow Management Group
The Australian Flow Management Group (AFMG) services specialised testing needs of the water industry. It advances irrigation and engineering hydraulics technology through fundamental and applied research.
The facility consists of a range of unique infrastructure suited to the testing and research of water-related equipment and technology. In 2011 the AFMG facility gained internationally-recognised NATA accreditation in the field of metrology and mechanical testing. Details of our NATA approved testing can be viewed by visting the NATA website. In 2012 the facility was appointed by the Commonwealth’s National Measurement Institute as an Approving and Verification Authority for water meters in accordance with pattern approval requirements NMI M 10 and NMI R 49.
As an internationally accredited facility we are in a unique position to engage with the water industry and to support and produce high quality research outputs.
AFMG can test a wide range of products including flow meters, smart meters, pipes, pipe fittings,valves, emitters, drippers, timer taps, moisture sensors, drainage systems, EMC electrical equipment compliance, gross pollution traps, stormwater treatment, and other hydraulic components.
We house a number of state-of-the-art research and testing facilities including:
■ Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing
■ Radio Frequency (RF) immunity testing
■ Full-scale hydraulic testing (up to 510 L/s)
■ Physical hydraulic model studies
■ Irrigation equipment testing
■ Water meter testing and calibration
■ Valve type testing
Our students are working on a range of irrigated-related postgraduate projects. View their bios and research abstracts.
For more information about AFMG download our brochure here.
Water meter testing and calibration
As a NATA accreditated facility, we are an appointed Pattern Approval and Water Utility Verifying Authority.Read specification
Securing water supplies
Find out how our premier research facility supports the NBERC's key research theme of securing water supplies.Discover our research
Please get in touch with us at the AFMG if you have any questions or would like a quote for any of our testing facilities.Get in touch
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College