Dr Stefan Peters chaired Research@Locate 2018 conferenceApril 16 2018
Dr. Stefan Peters chaired Research@Locate 2018 conference in Adelaide, 9-11 April 2018
The Research@Locate 2018 conference was held during 9-11 April 2018 at the Convention Centre in Adelaide. Research@Locate is the academic research stream at Locate, and aims to be the premier academic meeting event in the Australasian region. Locate is the annual conference for the spatial information and surveying industries in Australia and New Zealand. It is the meeting point of industry, government and academia. Locate18 was held jointly with GeoSmart Asia.
Research@Locate18 was organised by the Australasian Spatial Information Education and Research Association (ASIERA). Research@Locate provides a transparent full-paper peer review process, with carefully selected presentations and papers, and with its own annual, open-access proceedings. Moreover, Research@Locate 2018 was endorsed by the International Cartographic Association (ICA).
The presentations this year were held across two days, and organised around 20 streams. Six out of nine submitted papers were accepted and presented in four different streams: The Right Location, The Science of Geospatial, Science of Smart Cites, and Location Intelligence II.
Research@Locate would not have happened without the support of the institutions behind Locate; SIBA and SSSI. Special thanks to all colleagues who served on the ASIERA as well as to all reviewers who provided important comments on the papers published in the proceedings.
During the conference at the APSEA Gala Dinner, Research@Locate chair Dr. Stefan Peters presented on behalf of ASIERA the ASIERA Young Author Awards. The awardees are:
- Ehsan Hamzei (University of Melbourne) for the paper: Deriving place graphs from spatial databases;
- Debaditya Acharya (University of Melbourne) for the paper: Real-time image-based parking occupancy detection using deep learning;
- David Amores (University of Melbourne) for the paper: Movement pattern analysis using Voronoi Diagrams;
The awardees were selected based on the review scores of the submitted papers. Each award consisted of a certificate and a $500 cheque.
Online proceedings for Research@Locate 2018 are available at http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2087/
More information about the event are available on the conference webpage: http://www.asiera.org.au/rl18.html
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College