Thank you for your interest in our School.
Information technology and mathematical sciences have not only changed the way business is conducted, they have transformed the way we live. They are now integral parts of every organisation, enabling us to gain unprecedented efficiencies and innovation.
The School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences is the largest information and communications technology provider in South Australia and is regarded as one of the leading applied mathematics departments in Australia.
Here, you learn to distinguish between information, knowledge and wisdom and are encouraged to think outside of the box and challenge accepted ideas and practices. We offer undergraduate, honours and postgraduate degrees in information technology, mathematics and statistics, science, software engineering, data science, and library and information management.Our future-focused programs encourage students to create, innovate and develop solutions to solve many real-world issues affecting organisations in every industry from science and engineering to business. The School offers students a unique opportunity with an Australia First with the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Enterprise Business Solutions) which offers a 12 month paid internship with DXC Technology.
For prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students, this website provides a range of information that will assist in deciding which degree and career is right for you.
The School also provides excellent opportunities for potential higher degree research through our research concentrations: Advanced Computing Research Centre, Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Phenomics and Bioinformatics Research Centre, Institute for Telecommunications Research, Future Industries Institute and Barbara Hardy Institute.
Being a part of the School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences presents opportunities for continuous learning and making the most out of the experience that will guide you in your future life.
Come and study, research or collaborate with us.
Prof Brenton Dansie
Head of School
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College