Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program 2014
We are proud to announce that the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program dates for 2014 have been set;
6 Jan - 7 Feb 2014 : Enrolments will be open soon.
If you have any questions about the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program or would like to contact us for more information, please contact us.
The Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program 2013 has sadly closed however if you were unable to attend the Public Lectures they are now available online.
The University of South Australia and the International Space University were proud to open the following events to the public during the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program for 2013. International leaders and experts will spoke on contemporary issues in the space sector.
The series of public lectures included our key note "Astronauts Panel" with South Australia's own astronaut Andy Thomas.
Engineers Australia 2013 SHS-SP Scholarship
The National Committee on Space Engineering of Engineers Australia in conjunction with the International Space University and the University of South Australia is please to launch a new scholarship for the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program 2013.
Payment in full of the Program Fee of A$10,900 for attendance at the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program from 7 January to 8 February 2013 which includes all tuition, accommodation and meals.
(The scholarship does not include the cost of travel to Adelaide and is not transferable to a later program).
Who is eligible to apply?
Engineering graduates and engineering undergraduates in the final two years of their engineering studies:
• resident in Australia
• who have applied for enrolment in the Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program and
• who do not have financial support to attend the program from their employer or other sponsor
The Engineers Australia Selection Committee will select the scholarship winner taking into account:
• the applicant’s motivation to forge a career in space engineering in Australia
• the applicant’s academic performance and/or qualifications; and
• the applicant’s financial circumstances
All applications will be judged on the basis of the information and supporting documents lodged as part of the on-line enrolment process at http://shs-sp.isunet.edu/Apply.
(All eligible applicants, including those who have already enrolled, will be automatically considered unless an applicant specifically requests not to be considered by sending an email to email@example.com)
Conditions of award of scholarship
The scholarship winner will be requested by Engineers Australia to carry out the following tasks following the program:
1. Submit a written report at the conclusion of the SHS-SP describing the program and how they believe the SHS-SP will help them to further advance space engineering within Australia.
2. Prepare and deliver several presentations to national conferences and/or public presentations, describing the SHS-SP, their experiences from the program, and their future prospects as a result of their attendance.
3. Be prepared to assist Engineers Australia in the promotion.
Deadline for applications
30 November 2012
The winner of the scholarship will be notified no later than 15 December 2012.
For further information
International Space University
Engineers Australia - Space Engineering
Southern Hemisphere Summer Space Program
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download scholarship brochure
SHSSP 2012 - The Rube Goldberg Challenge