Division of Health Sciences High Achiever Research Vacation Scholarships
If you are in your second, third or honours year and have a strong academic record, a Vacation Research Scholarship may be for you and can provide a platform to learn about the principles and practices of undertaking research.
The Scholarships are offered annually and online applications close in 17 September 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
- Explore the list of vacation projects on offer through the Division of Health Sciences and find a project of interest to you.
- Contact the nominated supervisor directly to discuss your application as they are required to provide a supporting statement and approve your application before submission.
- Read and follow the application instructions (PDF 110KB).
- Applications are submitted online through myScholarships, accessed via your myUniSA student portal.
- Complete the application support form (Word doc, 101kb) together with your myScholarships application.
Refer to the Graduate Research vacation scholarship website for full details.
LIST OF VACATION SCHOLARSHIP PROJECTS 2017-18
In addition to the list of projects below, the following staff are willing to accept vacation students. Please contact them directly to discuss possible project opportunities that are not listed above.
Dr Larisa Bobrovskaya: areas of interest: Alzheimer’s disease, depression, stroke, stem cell research
Professor Jon Buckley: areas of interest: Monitoring of training load, fatigue and effects on athletic performance
Dr Marianne Gillam: areas of interest: Antipsychotics, Rural health
Dr Maarten A Immink: areas of interest: Human Performance; Skill Acquisition; Brain, Cognition and Action; Executive Function
Associate Professor Martin Jones: areas of interest: Workforce development, Rural health, Mental health
Dr Lisa Kalisch: areas of interest: dementia, anticholinergic medication, medicine safety
Dr Matthew Leach: areas of interest: Rural health, Complementary medicine, Integrative medicine, Evidence-based practice, Workforce planning, Consumer health care needs
Dr Evangeline Mantzioris: areas of interest: Nutrition – fatty acids, Mediterranean Diets
Dr Anna Moffat: areas of interest: autism, medicine-safety, health interventions
Dr Ashleigh Smith: areas of interest: Neuroscience, exercise, virtual reality
Dr Jacqueline Stephens: areas of interest: Public and population health, Infectious diseases, Childhood ear, nose, and throat surgery and conditions, Epidemiology, Qualitative research, Systematic Reviews
Dr Nicky Thomas: areas of interest: Formulation, nanomedicine, biofilm, antibiotic resistance, microbiology, interdisciplinary research
Dr Gabrielle Todd: areas of interest: neural control of human movement, effects of methamphetamine (ice) on movement