The University of South Australia’s driver assessment course offer a quality product to occupational therapists. These predominantly online subjects utilise a competency based training framework, underpinned by reflection, self directed learning and group participation, in order to deepen theoretical understanding and practical application.
An integral component of the learning is a case studies approach that:
- Promotes critical problem solving strategies, and
- Relates to the experience and expertise of participants.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform an occupational analysis of the driving task
- Describe the potential impacts of medical conditions, impairment or disability on the driver and driving performance
- Demonstrate competencies in the occupational therapy driver assessment process including gathering and recording the required information within the pre drive screen, the on-road and feedback/counselling components of the assessment
- Develop and prescribe a driver training and/or modifications program
- Write an occupational therapy driver assessment report including outcomes and recommendations
- Compile a critical description of the personal learning that has occurred
Learning modules are structured to follow the same order as the off-road and on-road assessment process. These modules are completed independently and then shared with your learning group via an on-line discussion area.
OT Driver Assessment 2 course has a 3 day intensive in that brings together the theory into practice.
OT Driver assessment 1
- First Semester (13 weeks)
OT Driver assessment 2
- Second Semester (12 weeks including a three day face to face intensive in Adelaide)
OT Driver Assessment 1 - $2200 (including GST)
OT Driver Assessment 2 - $2200 (including GST)
Total for both Courses - $4400 (including GST)
Enquiries should be directed to Angela Berndt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for these courses you will need to download and complete the University’s Short Course Application Form and return to:
OT Driver Assessment Course
School of Health Sciences
Internal Post Code CEA-14
GPO Box 2471
Adelaide SA 5001