Electronic Games - Music Matcher
For: Year 10 and 11 students
Programs will commence on Tuesday 9 May 2017
Music Matcher is a fun electronic activity kit developed by the University of South Australia. It provides an introduction to the world of electronics, giving students the opportunity to practice soldering and assembly techniques whilst developing their ability to identify and understand the function of electronic circuitry components. When assembled and soldered together, the kit becomes an interactive electronic board game with two functions – a one-octave electronic keyboard and a Simon Says matching game.
What will students do?
This 2 hour session begins with an introduction to electrical engineering, the lab, and the types of electronic components used in the activity. This is followed by a demonstration of soldering techniques.
Students work at their own pace to assemble and construct a circuit board.
- Identify components
- Place the components into the correct sockets on the PCB (printed circuit board)
- Solder the components securely
Students keep their completed Music Matcher electronics board at the conclusion of the workshop.
- As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Teachers will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College