For: Year 11 and 12 students
Students will be introduced to GPS technology and the VX Sport devices. The program will demonstrate the VX Sport units, their use and develop their knowledge and understanding of sport science related concepts in an applied manner.
After participating in a hands-on GPS activity, students will manipulate and work with their individual data.
The final component of the program is identifying career pathways to Health Science and other related areas at the University of South Australia.
What will students do?
As part of the program, students will:
- Collect performance data using VX units
- Learn how to read and analyse GPS tracking reports
- Manually graph the data and make comparisons
- Identify performance statistics and training improvements
- As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Activities may include outdoor components, meaning it would be advisable to bring hats and sunscreen to the session.
- Teachers will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information.
Thank you for your interest, but this workshop is fully booked for 2018