For: Year 12 Physics and Chemistry students interested in tertiary study at the University of South Australia
The Year 12 Science Booster is a two day program designed to enhance the learning of Year 12 Physics and Chemistry students.
In 2018, the Science Booster will be held on Thursday 19 July and Friday 20 July.
The Science Booster aims to:
- motivate and support students
- explore study pathways
- reinforce Year 12 Physics and Chemistry studies through experiential learning
The specially tailored program for students considering UniSA as an option for university includes laboratory sessions based on summative assessments, learning and study methods, exam preparation, and career insight sessions. All activities are tailored to review and support curriculum in Stage 2 SACE subjects.
Students can choose physics and/or chemistry sessions and have the opportunity to work closely with academic staff who are experts in the fields of physics and chemistry. They also have access to specialist equipment and research facilities.
What will students do?
The full timetable for the program will be made available closer to the date. (Session details and timetable changes may occur without notice.)
Students may choose to undertake only Physics activities for each of the 2 days, only Chemistry activities for each of the 2 days, or a combination of both Physics and Chemistry activities.
- This program is for students who are considering tertiary study at UniSA.
- As this program is a practical activity, students will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Registrations close on Friday 8 June. (Note: the program may be fully booked before this date. We advise you to book early to ensure your students don’t miss out.)
- Each school can nominate a maximum of 5 students to attend the Science Booster.
- The program can only accommodate a maximum overall total of 70 students which are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Year 12 students may self-nominate to attend.
- Students will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information via mail.
- Students will be required to complete and return a registration form via mail before the program commences (included with the pre-visit information).
- Duty of care for students will be carried by UniSA Connect staff.