For: Year 10 and 11 students
The popularity and awareness of 3D printing is exploding as experts described 3D printing as “the next wave of the industrial revolution.” It is breaking down barriers in design and manufacturing, creating huge opportunities for anyone to make customised products in an affordable way and, possible for anyone with an understanding of the technology.
Students will gain expose to the main facets of 3D printing including 3D Scanning and 3D Modelling, design an object, provide the file for printing and see the 3D printers in action when objects are printed.
What will be Students do?
- Learn how to use and navigate a simple online 3D design software called Tinkercad.
- Design an object where two pieces join together.
- Have their object printed for them to keep.
- As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Teachers will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information.