Mount Gambier programs
UniSA Connect programs for secondary school students connect with science, technology, engineering, mathematics and career information. All programs are supported by the University of South Australia and are offered free of charge for students (unless otherwise advised).
At the Mount Gambier campus, UniSA Connect will be conducting
STEM Innovation Experience
The STEM Innovation Experience (STEMIE) aims to increase STEM engagement in schools and increase awareness of STEM in the wider community. This is achieved through students’ participation in a series of STEM-based tasks linked to curriculum.
STEMIE has three major components - a Learning Phase, the STEMIE Regional Showcase, which then culminates with the STEMIE State Final.
A learning and networking opportunity for Year 11 girls studying Science and Mathematics who wish to explore STEM careers. STEM Girls aims to support young women to continue studying Science and Mathematics through their schooling and into university.
The girls will be invited to participate in two inquiry based learning days at UniSA - a STEM Girls Networking Dinner and a full day Industry Tour.
If you would like to make an enquiry email UniSAConnect@unisa.edu.au
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College