Maths Experience Year 11
For: Year 11 students with an aptitude for mathematics
The Maths Experience Program on 23 May 2018 engages students in an intensive one day experiential program delivered by academic staff from UniSA’s School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences.
High achieving high school students are selected to attend the program by their school. Selected students should be talented and enthusiastic students with an aptitude for mathematics who have shown an interest in pursuing a mathematically based career.
What will students do?
Students will engage in mathematics experiential workshops, be encouraged to develop relationships with like-minded students from other secondary schools, be assisted to develop an understanding of mathematical applications and become informed about mathematically based careers.
Students will receive a congratulatory certificate for their participation in the Maths Experience Program.
- A school can nominate 2 students to attend this program.
- Nominations must be received no later than Wednesday 11 April 2018.
- Places in the program are limited and are filled in the order that nominations are received.
- As the program is a practical activity, students will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Duty of care for students will be carried by UniSA Connect staff
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College