For: Year 10 students with an aptitude for mathematics
The Maths Experience Program on 21 August 2017 engages students in an intensive one day experiential program delivered by academic staff from UniSA’s School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences.
High achieving high school students are selected to attend the program by their school. Selected students should be talented and enthusiastic students with an aptitude for mathematics who have shown an interest in pursuing a mathematically based career.
What will students do?
Students will engage in mathematics experiential workshops, be encouraged to develop relationships with like-minded students from other secondary schools, be assisted to develop an understanding of mathematical applications and become informed about mathematically based careers.
Students will receive a congratulatory certificate for their participation in the Maths Experience Program.
- Each school can nominate up to 2 students to attend this program. Additional students may be placed on a waitlist should a school wish to nominate more than two students for this program.
- Nominations must be received no later than Friday 28 July 2017 (Week 1, Term 3).
- Places in the program are limited and are filled in the order that nominations are received.
- As the program is a practical activity, students will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Duty of care for students will be carried by UniSA Connect staff.
- Students will be contacted via mail to complete registration details.