Sport Science – VX Sport GPS Technology
For: Year 11 and 12 students
Students will be introduced to GPS technology and the VX Sport devices. The program will demonstrate the VX Sport units, their use and develop their knowledge and understanding of sport science related concepts in an applied manner.
After participating in a hands-on GPS activity, students will manipulate and work with their individual data.
The final component of the program is identifying career pathways to Health Science and other related areas at the University of South Australia.
What will students do?
As part of the program, students will:
- Collect performance data using VX units
- Learn how to read and analyse GPS tracking reports
- Manually graph the data and make comparisons
- Identify performance statistics and training improvements
- As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Activities may include outdoor components, meaning it would be advisable to bring hats and sunscreen to the session.
- Teachers will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College