Career Awareness Program
The Career Awareness Program (CAP) is designed to enhance the Year 10 SACE Personal Learning Plan (PLP) subject. The CAP engages with secondary school students to raise awareness and aspirations for higher education.
This program utilises the My Career Match profile which allows students to determine their skills, abilities, strengths and personality style. The profile can assist students to identify future careers, study pathways and can also be linked to some PLP curriculum tasks.
This program is delivered at secondary school sites by negotiation.
The Career Awareness Program is supported by University undergraduates where possible.
What will Students do?
Complete a career match profile.
Engage with University undergraduates to:
- Analyse the career match profile
- Engage in skill based conversations regarding career pathways
- Negotiation of the Career Awareness Program is with individual secondary schools.
- Most sessions are delivered at the school site.
- Places are limited.
Expression of interest
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College