For: Year 10 and 11 students
The popularity and awareness of 3D printing is exploding, with experts describing the technology as “the next wave of the industrial revolution”. 3D printing is breaking down barriers in design and manufacturing, increasing access and creating opportunities for anyone to make customised products in an affordable way.
In this workshop, students will gain experience in the main facets of 3D printing, including 3D Scanning and Modelling. They will design an object, provide the file for printing, and see 3D printers in action as objects are printed.
What will be Students do?
- Learn how to use and navigate a simple online 3D design software package called Tinkercad.
- Design an object where two pieces join together.
- Have their object printed for them to keep.
- As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Teachers will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information.
Thank you for your interest, but this workshop is fully booked for 2018
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College