For: Year 10 and 11 students
The popularity and awareness of 3D printing is exploding, with experts describing the technology as “the next wave of the industrial revolution”. 3D printing is breaking down barriers in design and manufacturing, increasing access and creating opportunities for anyone to make customised products in an affordable way.
In this workshop, students will gain experience in the main facets of 3D printing, including 3D Scanning and Modelling. They will design an object, provide the file for printing, and see 3D printers in action as objects are printed.
What will be Students do?
- Learn how to use and navigate a simple online 3D design software package called Tinkercad.
- Design an object where two pieces join together.
- Have their object printed for them to keep.
- As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Teachers will receive confirmation of booking and pre-visit information.
> Find out more
Thank you for your interest, but this workshop is fully booked for 2018