This full day program aims to engage and excite students about the possibility of careers in the aviation industry and make them aware of the pathways available. The program starts at Mawson Lakes campus and culminates with an interactive visit to Parafield Airport.
Students have the opportunity to think about aviation as a career and enjoy a number of hands-on experiences as they explore the skills, attitudes and disciplines essential for a future in aviation.
What will Students do?
The full day program consists of the following interactive workshop activities:
- Aviation Essentials
- Scientific concepts and terminology relating to flight
- The conditions of flight
- Flight instrumentation and the control surfaces of fixed wing aircraft
These activities are conducted by a UniSA Connect Schools Officer.
- Simulator Laboratory
- Students experience flying a plane in the University’s flight simulator laboratory, using the latest in flight simulator technology.
This session is conducted by aviation instructors from the University of South Australia.
- Visit to Parafield Airport
- Activities may include:
- Pre-flight inspection of a Plane on the airport tarmac
- Visiting the engineering/maintenance hangar
- Careers pathway and university study information
- Activities may include:
These activities are conducted by experienced demonstrators, typically pilots from the airport.
Please note: activities at Parafield Airport can change without notice, depending on the circumstances of the airport’s operations on the day.
As this program is a practical activity, students and accompanying adults will be required to wear closed in shoes and appropriate dress.
- Students will receive confirmation of booking, registration details and pre-visit information.
- The program can only accommodate a maximum of 15 students.
- Individual students may register.
- Duty of care will be carried by UniSA Connect staff.
- Students will be transported between Mawson Lakes Campus and Parafield Airport by University transport.
Thank you for your interest, but this workshop is fully booked for 2018
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College