Staff Memorial Award for Teaching Excellence – Undergraduate
This Award has been established in memory of former colleagues who have passed away while working in the School of Education. The award is offered annually to one high achieving undergraduate student in a pre-service teaching program who demonstrates excellent communication skills‚ leadership potential and community involvement, and has a strong vision for the education profession. The award is to assist the recipient in achieving their professional goals.
One undergraduate recipient will be selected from students enrolled in the third year of either the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood, Primary, or Primary and Middle specialisations) or the Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (Design & Technology/Food & Textile Technologies).
The recipient will be selected on the basis of:
- academic merit as judged by program grade point average (GPA) at the completion of the third year of the Bachelor of Education program; and
- successful completion of all Professional Experience placements in the program and outstanding performance in the final professional experience course EDUC3061 Professional Experience 3; and
- a one-page written statement detailing their career objectives and how the Award will assist in achieving their goals. They should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills‚ leadership potential, community involvement and a vision for the education profession.
The recipient must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Students in receipt of other awards and grants and other non-Commonwealth awards are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply
The students identified will be invited to submit a one-page personal statement covering their career and personal aspirations and their vision for the teaching profession.
For more information contact:
Senior Academic Services Officer
School of Education
University of South Australia
Tel: (08) 8302 5466
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College