Iris Glover Scholarship in Early Childhood Education
The Iris Glover Scholarship in Early Childhood Education has been established by Dr Anne Glover AO and Ms Rosemary Green AM in honour of their mother, Iris Glover. A lifelong learner with a very strong commitment to young children’s learning, Iris Glover was a teacher in small rural schools throughout South Australia from the late 1930s to the early 1970s. Years later, many students remembered the difference she had made in their lives. Her caring approach extended to trainee teachers, teachers beginning their careers and colleagues, all of whom she inspired with her enthusiastic, hardworking and caring approach and her extraordinary ability to adapt to change, while always seeking the best learning outcomes for children.
Value of Funding
Up to $15‚000. Recipients will receive an annual payment of $5‚000 made in two instalments of $2‚500 after the Study Period 2 and Study Period 5 census dates, provided they continue to meet the scholarship criteria and maintain satisfactory academic performance. Recipients should maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or above.
1) The scholarship is tenable for three years and is available to full-time students undertaking the second year of a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) program.
2) Applicants must be Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
Eligible applicants must provide:
- Evidence of financial disadvantage
- A supporting statement outlining their career and personal aspirations and how the scholarship will assist them in achieving their goals. Details of financial hardship should also be included in the written statement.
Selection will be based on a written statement, academic merit and financial disadvantage and short-listed applicants may be invited to attend an interview with the scholarship selection panel.
Applications from mature-age students will be considered favourably.
How to Apply
UniSA How to apply website
2020 (once every 3 years)
For more information contact:
Senior Academic Services Officer
School of Education
University of South Australia
Tel: (08) 8302 5466
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College