These grants were established to assist financially disadvantaged students who are enrolled full-time in the fourth year of an education program in the School of Education at UniSA to undertake a final professional experience placement in a rural or remote school in South Australia. The grants will assist students with the costs related to undertaking the rural placement including travel, accommodation and living expenses.
Value of Funding
$3,000 (one instalment after the relevant census date)
One grant will be awarded in 2016.
Open to students who are:
1) Australian citizens or permanent residents;
2) - Enrolled in the fourth year of one of the following programs:
Bachelor of Education (MBET) (Early Childhood, Primary, or Primary and Middle specialisations)
Bachelor of Science‚ Bachelor of Education (LBES);
LBDT Bachelor of Education (Design and Technology Education)
3) Enrolled in that program on a full-time basis as a Commonwealth Supported student.
Recipients will be selected on the basis of:
1) Demonstrated financial disadvantage
o Health care or pension concession card
o Documentation which proves the student is in receipt of Youth Allowance‚ Austudy or Abstudy or other means tested government benefit.
o Completing UniSA Assessment Form: You must complete the form available at the following link (located at the bottom of the page) and submit with the supporting documentation listed in the form: http://w3.unisa.edu.au/scholarship/meanstestedbenefits.asp
2) Written statement which details their goals for undertaking a placement in a rural or remote location and a brief description of how the grant will assist them.
3) Academic Achievement: GPA will be taken into account in assessing equally meritorious candidates
4) Performance at interview.
Preference will be given to students residing in the northern suburbs including Salisbury, Playford and Gawler regions
Applying through myScholarships
Once you are enrolled at UniSA you can apply for a range of scholarships through myScholarships, accessed via your myUniSA student portal. Choose from the list of available scholarships and you will be guided through the application process. More here
For more information contact:
Ms Doreen Lim
Senior Academic Services Officer
School of Education
University of South Australia
Tel: (08) 8302 5466