The Pank family has established the David Pank Northern Areas Education Placement Grant in memory of David Pank.
Value of Funding
The value of each grant is up to $1,000 tenable for one year, subject to satisfactory academic progress. Grant recipients will receive their payment of $1‚000 after the census date of the study period in which the final placement takes place.
The grants will be offered to high achieving students enrolled full-time in either:
(a) the third year of one of the following undergraduate programs‚ each of which requires a placement as part of the fourth and final year: Bachelor of Education (MBET) (Early Childhood, Primary, or Primary and Middle specialisations); LBDT Bachelor of Education (Design and Technology Education).
(b) the first year of one of the following Masters specialisations, each of which requires a placement as part of the second and final year: Master of Teaching (MMET) (Early Childhood, Primary, or Secondary specialisations).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
The grant recipients will be selected on the basis of:
- Academic merit to be determined by the cumulative grade point average (GPA) achieved by the student in their program.
- Commitment to undertake their final placement at a Northern Suburbs public school or a rural or remote school in South Australia
- An interview. Applicants must submit a one-page written statement detailing their career objectives and how the grant will assist in achieving their goals. They should also include details of their vision for helping students in disadvantaged schools‚ and their passion for education.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Mathematics and Science specialisation.
- Reports from second and third year placements
Applying through myScholarships
Once you are enrolled at UniSA you can apply for a range of scholarships through myScholarships, accessed via your myUniSA student portal. Choose from the list of available scholarships and you will be guided through the application process. More here
6 October 2017
For more information contact:
Ms Doreen Lim
Senior Academic Services Officer
School of Education
University of South Australia
Tel: (08) 8302 5466