Social Diversity within Multiliteracies: Complexity in Teaching and Learning
Friday 1st of May, 12.00pm -1.00pm
C1-60, Magill Campus
Presented by Dr Fenice Boyd, University of Buffalo
and Dr Cindy Brock, University of South Australia
Please bring your lunch and join us for an informal discussion over several chapters in this book edited by both Fenice and Cindy.
In this book, we use a multiliteracies theoretical framework to highlight social diversity and multimodality as central to the process of meaning making.
Chapter 1 outlines how we use a multiliteracies theoretical framework in our work.
Chapter 9 highlights how one teacher educator, Claudia Haag, a university teacher educator, drew on a multimodal theoretical lens in a recent research project in the U.S. Claudia’s research features her return to the primary classroom and discusses her experiences learning from, and with, her young English learners. (Most of Claudia’s students were recent immigrants to the U.S.).
The Foreword, Preface, and Chapters 1 & 9 are in the PDF attached. If you do not get a chance to read these before Friday, you are still more than welcome to attend.
To register your attendance at this event, please email EDSResearch@unisa.edu.au or phone 8302 4215.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College