Engage with us
Prospective students, researchers and collaborative partners are encouraged to get in touch. We are always happy to discuss ways in which we can engage with you or your organisation.
Each year we recruit third year, Honours and postgraduate (Masters and PhD) students from physiology and psychology programs to study at the Lab and work with our staff on various research projects.
Students interested in undertaking research at the Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory are generally invited to work on projects currently underway in any of the following general areas:
Experts from the Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory are available for consulting work and regularly advise industry on issues relating to:
Our consultants are able to give advice on the formulation of fatigue and shiftwork policy consistent with the OHS&W legislation in each state and territory of Australia.
Trained and skilled facilitators are able to assist you with strategic planning, intervention development and industry development.
We also provide practical guidance to organisations, employers, employees and families on how to eliminate or minimise the risks associated with shiftwork.
We have worked over a hundred major Australian companies and groups such as: Defence Sciences Technology Group, Safework SA, SA Health, Bushfire CRC, Pacific National Rail, Queensland Rail, National Rail and RailCorp. Our international client list is also varied and includes major air, rail and transportation companies.
We regularly recruit subjects to participate in research projects. This could involve the use of an interactive simulator, staying awake through the night, going without daylight or other time cues for a week or more, and generally finding out more about how you perform when well rested, when going without sleep or recovering from it.
To register your details as a potential volunteer, please contact.
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory
Level 1, Room C1-82
St Bernards Rd
Magill SA 5072
Telephone: + 61 8 8302 4262
Facsimile: + 61 8 8302 4242
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College