Engage with us
We are an outward looking and engaged laboratory, with students through to academics heavily involved in community and professional organisations and events.
Australian Association of Gerontology (AAG)
Dr Hannah Keage, Dr Ashleigh Smith and Ms Louise Lavrencic all sit on the SA AAG committee.
Australian Brain Bee Challenge (ABBC)
Dr Hannah Keage has been the co-coordinator of the SA Brain Bee Challenge since 2015, assisted by Dr Lyndsey Colins-Praino, a CAIN collaborator. The ABBC a competition for year 10 students to learn about the brain and its functions, careers in neuroscience, and neurological and mental illnesses. CAIN hosts Round 2/SA Individual and State Competitions.
Australasian Cognitive Neuroscience Society (ACNS)
Dr Hannah Keage is the elected of the Secretary of the ACNS, sits on the 2016 conference local organising committee (Shoal Bay, NSW), and is the chair of the 2017 conference local organising committee (which will be held in Adelaide).
CSIRO Scientists in Schools Program
Dr Hannah Keage has been involved in this program since 2011. She is currently paired with Marryatville High School, where she visits psychology and science classes. Once a year, students visit the lab to learn about psychophysiological measurements and careers in science.
South Australian College of Clinical Neuropsychologists
Megan Grech, a CAIN honours student, is the Student Representative on the SA College of Clinical Neuropsychologists committee.
Prospective students, researchers and collaborative partners are encouraged to get in touch. We are always happy to discuss ways in which we can engage with you or your organisation.
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
St Bernards Road
Magill SA 5072
Telephone: + 618 8302 4262
Facsimile: + 618 8302 4242
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College