Resources for Field Educators
Learning in field education occurs through experiential processes in an organisational context. Field Education is a defined period of time in which students are expected to practice their professional skills outside of the university. Students are supported in their learning through the appointment of a field educator at the placement organisation. In line with the limitations and remit of the organisation, the placement is structured to meet university requirements.
Field education enables students to engage in professional and interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and other organisations, and is the place where theory and practice come together. To assist in this process, the university requires students to participate in the organisational learning tasks whilst engaging in university-based Action Learning Sets/tutorials, reflexive exercises and supervision.
Field Supervisor Recognition Program
Supports and acknowledges clinical and field education placement supervisors who regularly supervise students as part of their professional role.
Field Educator Experiences
Watch videos of Field Educators working with schools, agenices and community centres.
Student Edge in Placement Award
This award recognises the performance and attitude of students who have added value to an organisation or agency whilst on placement.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College