UniSA and ME magazine ‘Careers in Publishing Work Experience Day’
On Wednesday 24 April on the UniSA City West Campus many students were going about their normal day, but for some South Australian high school students it was not a typical day. After receiving over 200 applications for a Work Experience opportunity that Adelaide teen magazine, ME Magazine put on, 23 talented students were chosen to undertake various roles in publishing for a photo shoot. Aspiring models, photographers, fashion stylists, journalists, graphic designers, videographers and public relations students were included in the group.
The dedicated students spent a whole day working within their area under the supervision of mentors, all UniSA graduates or academics, so each student could gain further experience and information within their area of interest.
Everything was executed at a high standard and well mannered, everyone got along and each student felt as if they were walking away with experience you can’t buy. Make sure you check out the full rundown and photos from the day in the July issue of ME Magazine.
Written by journalist work experience recipient, Tori Hyland, Year 12 student at Nurioopta High School.
High School students with their mentors at UniSA and ME magazine ‘Careers in Publishing Work Experience Day’.
“After the Careers in Publishing day had come to an end, I found myself smiling and from what I’ve heard from the other participants in regards to that day, everybody enjoyed the day and got along extremely well. It was an experience that I’ll never forget, and hopefully one that will help all who participated in our future careers in publishing.”
James Brennan, Brighton Secondary School
It was great to hear that most students wanted to continue in their chosen field and everyone was extremely happy with the final product of the day. As a student journalist, it was a pleasure to speak with all the students and to hear how dedicated and passionate they were.
Tori Hyland, Nurioopta High School
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College