· IMPORTANT NOTE TO THE CUPUM BOOK CHAPTER AUTHORS
-FINAL PROOF CHECK NEXT WEEK:
The CUPUM Book Editors (Stan Geertman, Andrew Allan, John Stillwell and Chris Pettit) are pleased to announce that the Springer CUPUM Conference Book of selected peer reviewed conference papers is currently being prepared for printing and will be provided as part of the Conference registration package to all conference delegates. Book chapter authors are requested to ensure that when they receive the PDF proof from the publisher Springer in the week of 16 April to 22 April, there will be just 2 days provided to check the proofs and return the chapter (with any corrections) back to Springer and the local Conference Chair (Andrew Allan at Andrew.Allan@unisa.edu.au).
· DEADLINE FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS EXTENDED UNTIL 18 APRIL, 2017.
· Due to unforeseen circumstances, the date for advising of the outcome of the double blind peer reviewed conference papers has been extended until the 30th of April. However, peer review feedback will be released to authors as soon as these become available (i.e. on or before the 30th of April). The Local Organizing Committee apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
· The deadline for revised (i.e. final) conference proceedings paper submissions is 23.59 hours (Adelaide time), May 19. A new upload portal will be created for revised or finalized conference paper proceedings to be uploaded. Conference paper authors should use their existing password and user ID to upload their revised/finalized paper. The final paper should use the WORD template provided on the CUPUM2017 website and addressed reviewers’ changes where necessary. A short statement in a separate file can be used to highlight any changes in the revised uploaded paper.
· The deadline for the Early Bird conference registration rate is 23.59 hours (Adelaide time), 31 May
· If any conference delegates require an invitation letter, please advise the Local Organizing Committee via email on CUPUM@unisa.edu.au
· We have several keynote speakers now been confirmed for CUPUM2017. Our keynotes include: Professor Michael Batty of University College London; Associate Professor Hussein Dia of Swinburne University of Technology (Melbourne, Australia); Professor Ning Gu (University of South Australia); Martin Haese, Lord Mayor of Adelaide; Professor Chris Pettit (University of New South Wales, Australia); and Professor Elizabeth Wentz (Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona, United States).
· AURIN Workshop confirmed for CUPUM 2017: As part of the CUPUM Conference activities, a workshop limited to 20 participants will be run on the Thursday morning (July 13). Please see http://aurin.org.au/ for information about Aurin. Participation in this workshop is available only as part of a paid CUPUM conference registration.
· PRE-CONFERENCE URBAN BIG DATA MASTERCLASS:
An exclusive offer to only CUPUM Conference delegates is an Urban Big Data Masterclass being hosted by the University of New South Wales (UNSW) on Monday July 10 from 12.30pm to 5pm in Sydney (in the Boral Lecture Theatre, AGSM, Kensington Campus of UNSW in Sydney). Professor Mike Batty will provide a keynote presentation entitled Big Data and the City: Real Time Streaming and the 24 Hour City, Professor Chris Pettit’s presentation is Visualising mobility data in Sydney and there will be a hands on tutorial using an online mapping tool (Carto) of big bike data (presented by Dr Simone Leao, Dr Ori Gudes and Dr Scott Lieske). Registration for the Masterclass is a conference add on of $50 (which includes lunch and afternoon coffee break), which is available only to CUPUM 2017 conference registrants via the registration portal on the CUPUM 2017 website. For interstate and international CUPUM delegates transiting through Sydney on their way to Adelaide for CUPUM, this Masterclass presents a great hands-on opportunity to learn about the latest ideas in urban big data and analytics.