Our research expertise
As a hub for leading-edge research with a strong spirit of collaboration, we want you to benefit from our research expertise.
UniSA's teaching, learning and research environment fosters excellence in scholarship, innovation and social responsibility. Our fundamental commitment to research, articulated in Horizon 2020, enables us to attract and support outstanding researchers from around the world, who thrive within collaborative and multi-disciplinary research institutes and centres.
We conduct research and consultancy with an emphasis on applying the knowledge that is gained. Collaboration with government, industry, commerce, the professions and other community groups is central to this.
The University plays a key part in the research capability of South Australia. For further information on South Australia's extensive research capability and infrastructure in the public and private sectors see the Research Capability Directory.
We welcome the opportunity to share our knowledge with you.
Find a research expert
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College