Offering affordable psychological services to the community.
Based at UniSA’s Magill Campus, the Psychology Clinic provides high-quality, affordable psychological services to the general community.
Psychological therapy is provided by provisional psychologists (postgraduate clinical psychology students) under the supervision of fully-qualified clinical psychologists.
We help you find ways to overcome difficulties and cope better so that you have a healthier, happier and more fulfilled life.
We offer therapeutic services for children, adolescents, adults and families in areas including:
- anxiety and related disorders (panic, social anxiety, generalised anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, illness anxiety)
- depression and mood problems
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and adjustment problems
- sleep problems including CPAP machine intolerance associated with sleep apnoea (psychological treatment provided in conjunction with the Royal Adelaide Hospital)
- child emotional and behavioural problems
- assessments of learning difficulties
In addition to our face-to-face services, we offer e-therapy services including video therapy to clients in rural and remote areas around Port Augusta, as well as therapist-supported internet interventions.
See our full list of services below.
Appointments are essential.
We offer therapeutic services for children, adolescents and adults in the following areas:
Children and Adolescents
- Anxiety and worries
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bedtime and sleep problems
- Behaviour problems
- Family relationship issues
- Feeding problems
- Learning assessments
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parenting after Divorce
- Parenting Skills Training
- Specific learning difficulties
- Separation Anxiety
- Temper tantrums
- Addictions (e.g. smoking, gambling, alcohol)
- Anger management
- Anxiety problems
- Chronic pain
- Conflict resolution
- Insomnia and other sleep problems
- Grief and bereavement
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Postraumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship / marital problems
- Sleep problems
- Specific phobias
- Social phobia
- Sexual dysfunction
- Stress management
- Eating disorders
Therapy and Initial Assesment sessions
|Concession card||$15 per hour|
|Standard Fee||$30 per hour|
|Concession||Capped at $250|
|Non-concession||Capped at $450|
Teaching & Learning
Services are provided by Master of Psychology (Clinical) students under the supervision of experienced, fully-qualified clinical psychologists.
The clinic provides provisional psychologists with essential experience to develop practical expertise.
UniSA Magill Campus
Please contact us to arrange an appointment by completing and submitting our online form, or by phone.
Telephone: (08) 8302 4875
Unisa Magill campus
Corner of St. Bernards Road and Brougham Street
Magill, SA 5072
Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Parking is available on campus (M9 carpark) and along Brougham Street. If you wish to reserve a park on campus, please arrange with the clinic reception when your appointment is scheduled.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College