To encourage the return of items by their due date and allow for fair use and equitable access to resources the Library applies the charges listed below.
Borrowing rights for community borrowers are suspended immediately once fines are accrued.
Overdue fines and invoicing fees
Overdue fines are incurred for recalled items requested by other patrons and not returned by the due date. Overdue fines will accrue at the following intervals:
Main collection recalled items - $2 per day overdue
Invoicing fees are incurred 28 days after an item becomes overdue. Each item is invoiced for $110 Lost Item Replacement fee. Invoicing fees are separate to overdue fines; if you have overdue fines you will need to pay these as well.
Keep track of when items are due for return through your myLibrary record
What are my options when I receive an invoice?
- Return your overdue item and pay any associated overdue fines
- If you have lost the item, please contact the Library
- For further information on fees for lost items, please see FAQ
How do I pay my library fines and fees?
If you are paying
- On campus, all payments for both cash and credit card (visa and mastercard) can be made at Campus Central
- Via telephone for credit card payments (visa and mastercard only), contact Ask the Library Service on 1300 137 659
- For cheque and money order payments can be posted to Library Administration, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide SA 5001
- Please note: Library fees cannot be paid by WebPay, Post BillPay or Bpay
What can I do if I disagree with my fees?
Contact Ask the Library
Library staff will consider all legitimate concerns relating to fees. Reasons that do not constitute a basis for dispute are:
- lack of knowledge of Library policy
- unwillingness to take responsibility for material loaned to a third party
- forgetting the due date
- non-receipt of notices
- email inbox was full
- disagreement with Library policy on fees
- returning items to non-UniSA libraries by mistake
- not being on campus
- on study period breaks, summer vacation or on placement
- changed opening hours
For further information, please see FAQ