New $80m Learning Centre
University of South Australia students will soon have access to a transformational $80 million Learning Centre currently under construction at the City West campus.
This cutting-edge facility will provide a diversity of learning spaces and support services in an environment of great equity and quality. The Learning Centre will enriched by integrated resources and state-of-the-art technologies, providing a strong framework for effective and memorable social, learning and teaching experiences.
In August of 2010 the University of South Australia secured $30 million from the Federal Government's Education Investment Fund towards the $95 million Participate@UniSA project, including a new Learning Centre valued at over $80m for the City West campus. Following an exciting archaeological excavation of the site in late 2011, main construction commenced January 2012, and the facility is scheduled for occupation early 2014.
Webcam images courtesy of Hindmarsh Construction Australia. All other images courtesy of John Wardle Architects and Phillips Pilkington Architects in association.
Explore the new Learning Centre
Transforming teaching and learning
See how we are shifting from book repositories and whiteboards, to flexible configurations of space.
Integrating student services
Access a range of student services at user friendly welcome points throughout the Learning Centre.
A social and public realm
Discover how spaces interconnect at the Learning Centre.
Excavation at the building site unearthed a treasure trove, helping to tell the story of early Adelaide.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College