The collection is spread over five floors arranged by disciplines:
- Level 2: High Demand, Holds, Special Collections, New books and journals, Newspapers
- Level 3: Business & Economics
- Level 4: Sciences & Humanities
- Level 5: Arts
- Level 6: Law
There are Compactus on Levels 3-5 which house low use books and all journals. Law journals and some Law reports and legislation are located in the Compactus on Level 3. The Catalogue will indicate where these items are located for ease of access, please also see the collection location guide.
These are located on every floor and can be used to borrow items. If you experience any difficulty please visit the Enquiries Desk on Level 2.
Return all borrowed items through the internal or after hour’s return chutes located on Level 1 of the Jeffrey Smart building.
Search databases to find quality information on a wide range of academic topics.
You can book rooms if you are working on a group assignment, planning an event or hosting a meeting
Begin your research here.
Ask the Library
For help with locating and using information resources.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College