We are committed to working with SA’s regional communities to provide quality learning opportunities for regional students.
Our campuses and centres in Whyalla and Mt Gambier offer a wide range of degrees and through our regional development plan, regional students continue to have access to improved learning facilities.
In 2012 UniSA was awarded $22 million by the Commonwealth Government’s Higher Education Investment Fund, $18 million of which is being invested in a New Learning Centre in Mt Gambier, and the upgrade of IT infrastructure with a fibre optic cable connecting both Mt Gambier and Whyalla to the existing Australian Education Network.
Mt Gambier Learning Centre
The new 2,500m2 learning centre provides students access to high-speed fibre optic infrastructure, opening up access to learning resources at the same speed as metropolitan students. The building also includes a central piazza for students to socialise, collaborative teaching and learning facilities, specialist nursing and birthing practice-based labs and experiential psychology and social work facilities.
For more information visit the Mt Gambier New Learning Centre webpage.
Food Vendors and Social Spaces
With the introduction of our Learning Centre and its social spaces at out Mt Gambier campus, our Whyalla campus has also introduced a new social space and food vendor, Mint Cafe. Mint Cafe gives students, staff and the community a great place to meet, eat and drink.
Learn more about Whyalla campus food vendors.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College