The Security team will escort any person from any campus location to:
- On-campus car parks
- Designated public transport locations
- Approved student accommodation.
Security staff have undergone a strict selection process and hold Senior First Aid certificates.
UniSafe escorts are a first step in reaching your final destination. You still need to be responsible for your own personal safety and make appropriate arrangements for safe onwards travel.
Vehicle Escorts – City East and City West Campuses
During semester and the main exam period Vehicle Escorts are conducted by an authorised Security Driver on both the City Campus’s. This service departs hourly between 7pm and 1am inclusive, with departure times at City West on the hour (e.g. 7pm) and departure times at City East at quarter past the hour (e.g. 7.15pm).
This service commences on the 4th March 2019 and ends on 1st December 2019. The service is available from Monday to Friday of each week. The service will not be available during the mid-year break between 8th July and 28th July inclusive.
On campus security guards will conduct vehicle escorts between 8pm and 2am on an on demand basis on weekends and public holidays.
The boundaries set for vehicle escorts for both City Campuses can be found here:
Vehicle Escorts - Mawson Lakes and Magill Campuses
During semester and the main exam period Vehicle Escorts are conducted by Campus Security Guards on Mawson Lakes and Magill Campus’s on demand between the hours of 8pm and 2am. This service is also available on weekends, public holidays and semester breaks but is not offered during the mid-year break and ends as soon as practicable following the end of year exams.
The boundaries set for vehicle escorts for both campuses can be found here:
Book a UniSafe escort
To enquire about or book a vehicle escort on any of the four campus’s you can either:
- Attend the Security Office on your campus
- Dial 88 888 on any internal Phone
Security Escorts will be available only within the guidelines as stated above.
Security Escorts are for UniSA students who present their current UniSA ID Card.
Security Escorts are for UniSA students who are not under the obvious influence of alcohol or drugs as determined by the Security Officer.
Whilst every effort is made to provide this service, there may be occasions where long delays may be experienced or the service may be temporarily suspended due to unforeseen circumstances.
These arrangements will be reviewed regularly as part of Campus Security's ongoing commitment to your safety and security.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College