Information Session: Leadership Development Program
Thursday 18 June 2015, 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
The Leadership Development Program has been updated to create a program that integrates key learning modules with practical leadership development skills to assist managers build their leadership capability as well as develop their report writing, research and presentation skills.
Learning modules cover vital topics designed to boost managers’ performance:
Ross Morriss, Director, Strategic Partnerships will provide an overview of the modules, outline the integrated learning and development approach, learning outcomes and the benefits of the program, including credit toward UniSA’s MBA program, South Australia’s only ‘Five Star’ MBA program.
Special Presentation: The Fractured Workplace and Its Remedies
by Dr Geff Wells, University of South Australia
Leadership, as a sub-discipline of business, is beset by more fads and fashions than any other arena of management. The simple fact is the model of the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful CEO who directs all aspects of their organisation with precision and flair is a mirage.
Effective leaders know they are only as good as their people; their success or failure depends on their people, not themselves. Leaders who forget this and buy into the notion of their own exceptionalism and infallibility do so at their own peril and risk the well-being not only of their own people but of all their stakeholders.
Dr Geoff Wells will outline the remaking of modern leadership that is occurring from the ground up. He will present emerging principles of leadership that are firmly grounded in what we know about people's capabilities for creativity, innovation and responsibility. Dr Wells presentation will based on his extensive research and his recent book The Fractured Workplace and It remedies.
Dr Wells is an internationally experienced corporate and academic leader and consultant. He has founded and managed companies in a range of industries, including sustainable agribusiness, molecular biology, software development, telecommunications and audio electronics, both in the US and Australia. He has consulted widely in both countries, as well as in the United Kingdom, as a corporate advisor to CEO’s and Boards of Directors.
Dr Wells is also the anchor facilitator for the Leadership Development Program.
Date: Thursday 18 June: 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm, over a light lunch
Cost: With compliments of UniSA Strategic Partnerships
Location: University of South Australia City West Campus, North Terrace: Way Lee Building, Level 2, Room 47
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College