Six Sigma Series
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a fact based, data driven philosophy in quality improvement that values defect prevention over defect detection methods. Six Sigma drives customer satisfaction and bottom line profit improvement by reducing variation and eliminating Lean waste, thereby continually improving organisations' competitive position.
Six Sigma applies where variation, defect and waste exist, and as a consequence applies to all organisations, processes, systems, methods and wherever people are involved. The Six Sigma tools are designed to improve processes, products and services. They are extensively used in manufacturing, mining, food processing, banking, services, utilities, education, construction, defence, electronics and by software developers.
The University of South Australia has an agreement with the American Society for Quality(ASQ) to deliver Six Sigma Green and Black Belt programs. These programs are designed to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve improvement project outcomes and for the completion of ASQ Certification examination.
The ASQ is the world's leading member organisation devoted to quality and productivity improvement and is a global benchmark in Six Sigma Certification/Qualification. The certification from the ASQ is considered a mark of quality excellence by most industries around the world.
Our ASQ Six Sigma courses have now been redesigned to incorporate the key elements and benefits of the Lean process improvement methodology.
The UniSA Six Sigma training now develops the knowledge to eliminate waste, improve flow and customer value, along with the key outcomes of quality improvement and defect elimination provided by Six Sigma.
Boosting organisation performance and bottom line profits through increased efficiency, productivity and compretitiveness are proven outcomes by attending our courses.
With the courses delivered by our ASQ approved Master Black Belts, who are hands on practitioners with past experience of Six Sigma application within Motorola where Six Sigma was first developed, ensures a practical, relevant and supported learning experience.
We also have several UniSA developed Statistical short courses to assist people to understand and apply essential statistical tools to their businesses.
To find out more about our Six Sigma courses please click on the Six Sigma topic of interest.
Enterprise specific in-house training
Contact us to discuss our special corporate rates for customised and flexible training to suit your organisation's culture, operations, business sector and improvement strategy.
For more information, contact Sandra Walker +61 8 8302 0801 Sandra.Walker@unisa.edu.au
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College