The University of South Australia's Strategic Partnerships unit, in conjunction with Cardiff University's Lean Enterprise Research Centre, Lean Enterprise Australia and the international Lean Global Network, has expanded the 10 day Principles of Lean Thinking Certificate course to include leading-edge research and incorporating Australian case studies of Lean implementations.
This course provides participants with depth in understanding the foundation improvement tools and techniques and how they are applied, as well as developing the facilitation skills necessary to support process improvement projects and teams lead the Lean transformation program in their organsiation.
The core course content of the frameworks, systems and models that make up the Lean methodology and body of knowledge have been enhanced with new simulations designed to improve the learning experience.
This course has been designed for Lean Champions, improvement project facilitators and change managers whoseek to eliminate waste, add value and empower people to become front line problem solvers.
Our highly experienced Lean practioners and educators ensure course participants are engaged and supported in the learning process and achieve the course learning outcomes.
Satisfactory completion of course assessment can provide a pathway into postgraduate studies via a credit for one course in the 5 Star MBA or Master of Management programs.
For full course details, topics and daily agenda please see our course brochure opposite.
Read the article in the In Business Magazine and learn how Futuris Automotive used Lean Thinking to adapt to the Global Financial Crisis in Lean Opportunity for Futuris (268kb .pdf).
The next 10 day Principles of Lean Thinking course will be delivered in 2 x 5 day blocks providing an opportunity for applied learning through simulations and exercises and in the final week, to see Lean in Action with presentations on Australian based continuous improvement case studies including a site visit to see first hand how Lean is successfully implemented:
Cancellation Policy: The University of South Australia reserves the right to cancel events and issue refunds. In the event that an attendee canot attend, a substitute is welcome to attend in their place. No refunds will be given unless 21 days notice is given in writing prior to the date of the planned event. If less than 21 days the fee can be used for the same course at a later stage, or another course of the same value.
Investment in the Principles of Lean Thinking Certificate course is $6,950.
EARLY BIRD PRICING of $6,600 per person if booked by COB Friday 31 August 2018. Additional discounts apply to group bookings of 3 or more from the same organisation. UniSA Alumni will receive a 10% discount on course fees.
This course is GST exempt.
By attending our Principles of Lean Thinking course you will;
- Gain an understanding of what Lean Thinking is, including the Principles, frameworks, models and systems that make up the Lean body of knowledge around sustainable and continuous improvement.
- See how others have successfully applied Lean and embarked on their lean journeys in an Australian context.
- Learn how to implement real and practical changes to improve the way work is done and turn non value activities into increased capacity and growth.
- Be provided with an in depth understanding of the Lean Transformation Model as developed by John Shook, the internationally acclaimed Lean Thinker from the Lean Enterprise Institute.
- Understand the required Lean behaviours, role and facilitation skills that will engage, align and empower the team in the improvement program and work based projects.
- Learn about the foundation improvement tools and techniques for flow and quality and how they are selected and applied to achieve the best results and outcomes.
- Develop an improvement project implementation and personal action plan for the next 12-18 months.
- Develop the ability to critically examine the key Lean and Continuous Improvement models and frameworks and to select the most appropriate structure for your process and organisation.
- From proven research into creating sustainable and continuous improvement outcomes and culture, understand why strategy deployment, customer value management and people engagement become critical success factors.
- Be educated by one of Australia’s top Business Schools that has built a reputation as the country's leading Lean educator, so that you will not only learn from our industry experienced lean facilitators but also join a national lean alumni support network of over 2,400 lean leaders and practitioners.
Our Lean capability development courses can be customised to suit the specific learning outcomes of any organisation and delivered in house anywhere in Australia and New Zealand. Please contact Margaret Hunt for more details and how our flexible delivery options can fit in with work demands and priorities.
This three day program which is aimed at senior executives, managers and supervisors, provides participants with the understanding of the principles, techniques and required leadership behaviours to lead a sustainable continuous improvement program and make Lean a "way of life".
The program will run from from Monday 9 July to Wednesday 11 July 2018 at the City West Campus, Adelaide.
For further course details please visit the Lean Leadership web page: