Gain critical insights into how to successfully lead a Lean transformation program. You will leave this course with a framework to progress the Lean journey in your organisation.
Understand why most implementations fail, what to avoid, what Lean really is, necessary actions, strategy and behaviours to create a culture of sustainable, continuous improvement.
From case studies of lean implementations in Australian service, manufacturing and government organisations, you will learn how others have made significant inroads into transforming their enterprises, and turned waste into savings, capacity and value.
Be educated by one of Australia's leading Business Schools and join a national lean alumni support network of over 2,400 lean leaders and practitioners.
In co-operation with Lean Enterprise Australia, the Lean Global Network and Cardiff University's Business School, UniSA has developed a new 3 day workshop designed for executives, managers and leaders wanting to transform their organisation and teams to create a Lean Enterprise.
Register for more informationEnrol now
The workshops will be presented by Australia's leading Lean thinkers, educators and practioners, so that you learn firsthand from research and current case studies what the proven elements and dimensions are for creating a culture of sustainable and continuous improvement.
Read how the Royal Australian Air Force have applied Lean Principles in their operations and achieved substantial savings of over $500 million, reductions in waste and increased capability click here.
Also read the latest business and research articles in unisabusiness magazine.
This high level course is restricted in numbers to ensure those attending are supported with the application of the learning into their work and process environments.
Some attendees comments from our Lean Leadership courses are;
"I would recommend this course to everyone - it is applicable to all aspects of business and life in general. 10/10" - Nick Morrow, Process Engineer, Accolade Wines
"I now have the Lean knowledge to ensure it is implemented correctly" - Mark Wilkins, Program Reform Manager, Royal Australian Air Force
"This course provides the fundamental approach for Lean organisational transformation" - Claire McKay, Program Leader Continuous Improvement, City of West Torrens
"A great well balanced program.... a unique opportunity to network with others." - Jin Ham, State Operational Excellence Manager - Victoria/Tasmania, Coca-Cola Amatil
"It has given me the confidence to ask some hard questions because I now know that I am on the right track" - Jan Lynch, Senior Manager Continuous Improvement Capability, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
"Very worthwhile program - systematically working through the Lean model and what is required organisation wide to ensure success" - Karen Brown, Assistant Director, Organisational Performance and Development, Primary Industries and Regions SA.
This new 3 day program is aimed at executives, managers and leaders to help develop the strategy, leadership and business improvement techniques needed to manage a Lean Enterprise transformation in their organisation. Our new Lean programs build on the research, application and models, frameworks and systems evolving from key sources including the Shingo Prize Winning book "Staying Lean", Womack and Jones "Lean Thinking Principles" and Liker and Meier "The Toyota Way Field Book”. This is complimented by local research, application and expertise.
Through our relationship with Lean Enterprise Australia and the Lean Enterprise Institute, our Lean Leadership course explores the 5 dimensions behind the Lean Transformation Model, and how these dimensions inter-relate to achieve sustainable and continuous improvement.
Our next program is scheduled to run from Monday 12 November to Wednesday 14 November 2018 at our City West Campus in Adelaide.
Investment in our 3 Day Lean Leadership course is $2,950 per person.
EARLY BIRD PRICING of $2,700 per person for registrations received by COB Friday 26 October 2018. Additional discounts apply to group bookings of 3 or more from the same organisation. UniSA Alumni will receive a 10% discount on course fees.
The Lean Leadership course is GST exempt.
Cancellation Policy: The University of South Australia reserves the right to cancel events and issue refunds. In the event that an attendee canot attend, a substitute is welcome to attend in their place. No refunds will be given unless 21 days notice is given in writing prior to the date of the planned event. If less than 21 days the fee can be used for the same course at a later stage, or another course of the same value.
Download Lean Leadership brochure (305kb .pdf)
By attending this Lean capability development workshop you will;
- Gain an understanding of what Lean Thinking is, including the Principles, frameworks, models and systems that make up the body of knowledge around sustainable change.
- Understand what strategy is right to transform your organisation in your operating environment.
- See how others have successfully applied Lean and embarked on their continuous improvement journeys.
- Be provided with an in-depth understanding of the Lean Transformation Model dimensions as developed by John Shook, the internationally acclaimed Lean thinker from the not-for-profit Lean Enterprise Institute of the USA.
- Understand the required Lean leadership behaviours that will engage, align and empower your people in the improvement program.
- Learn about the key improvement tools and techniques.
- Develop a broad implementation plan on what and where you need to be in the next 12-18 months.
Workshop topics include;
Please see the full 3 day course agenda available in the course brochure.
- Lean Principles and Lean Thinking
- Customer value and waste
- Lean frameworks, models and systems for achieving sustainable organisational improvements
- The Lean Transformation Model
- Leadership behaviours and roles for a Lean Enterprise
- The people enablers for efficiency and effectiveness
- Developing a continuous improvement culture
- Lean in action – Australian based case studies
- Lean maturity assessments – current and future states
- Strategy and implementation planning
- Course content, materials and facilitators are of the highest standard.
- Proven positive impact and outcomes as a result of attendance.
- Participants leave the course with a clear understanding of lean leadership behaviours and a strategy and plan of action.
- Australian case studies from a cross section of industry sectors to provide an Australian context of lean applications.
- Develop internal capability to significantly reduce reliance on external consultants, and to sustain change.
- Join an Australia wide UniSA Lean Alumni network group with regular complimentary lean updates and presentation sessions including access to lean podcasts and online presentations.
- Post course lean application mentoring and coaching support is available.
- No course cancellation fees - a full refund if more than 3 weeks' notice given - automatic transfer to the next course if less than 3 weeks.
- Participants receive a copy of the Shingo prize winning book - "Staying Lean, Thriving not just surviving".
- Be educated by one of Australia’s leading University Business Schools and the leading Corporate and Executive Education provider for Lean and Business Improvement capability development.
Our expert Lean facilitators are available to provide customised, flexible and cost effective in-house Lean business improvement capability training at any location around Australia. Please contact Margaret Hunt for more details.
UniSA also delivers the 10 day Principles of Lean Thinking certificate course that is aimed at providng the "Lean Champions" or program leaders with a sound understanding of Lean and how to implement a successful improvement project.
Participants not only receive education in the lean theory, tools and techniques but through the second action learning week of the course, see how lean is applied in both simulations, case study presentations and, site visits to see lean transformations in action.
Our next Principles of Lean Thinking course will be held on: