Throw the Dice
Throw the Dice
Friday 13 July - Wednesday 1 August 2018
Kerry Packer Civic Gallery Exhibition
Exhibition dates: FRIDAY 13 JULY - WEDNESDAY 1 AUGUST
Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and Thursdays until 7pm
Open Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 July, 9am and 5pm for Adelaide Festival of Ideas
No one really knows what’s going to happen, when you throw the dice you can sometimes get lucky, it's your choice if you want to take a chance.
‘Throw the Dice’ is an exhibition featuring a diverse range of artworks by local emerging artists experiencing mental health issues. Each of the artists have their own perspectives of the world, Joe Amuso, Leon Kassel, D.Line, Catherine Pallin, Ingrid De Ruyter, Philip Miller, Pamela Smith and Stevan Hewison attend weekly workshops run by Neami National, a not for profit/non-government organisation supporting individuals to improve their mental and physical wellbeing and live independently in the community.
The public are invited to hear from the artists when they participate in an artist talk from 10:30am on Saturday 14 July in the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery.
CURATED BY ELYAS ALAVI
Elyas Alavi is an artist and poet based in Adelaide, South Australia. He regularly runs art and poetry workshops in community centres and schools in Adelaide.
Images clockwise L-R:
- Big Yellow Taxi
- Story About the Turtle
- Coming Into Light
- Blooming Burst of Colour
Ingrid De Ruyter
- Abstract #69
- Untitled 1542
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: Strengthening our Democracy - Valuing our Diversity - and Building our Future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College