The France-Australia Strategic Partnership in a Challenging International Environment
ACCESS VIDEO HERE
France and Australia are bound by common values including the support of multilateralism and the rule of law, human rights and democracy and a shared vision for a secure and more prosperous future. Guided by these shared values, France and Australia work together to enhance their long-standing strategic partnership.
In this lecture, the audience will have the opportunity to hear from the Ambassador of France to Australia, H.E. Mr Christophe Penot, as he reveals his vision for the French-Australia agenda.
His Excellency Mr Christophe Penot
Born in Paris, H.E. Mr Christophe Penot took up his position as Ambassador of France in Australia in June 2017. Before coming to Australia, Ambassador Christophe Penot was the Ambassador of France in Malaysia. Prior to his posting in Malaysia, Ambassador Penot served as Director of Properties and Investment, Ministry Foreign Affairs in Paris, and was the Minister-Counsellor, Deputy Head of Mission with the French Embassy in Tokyo (2010-2005) and Ottawa (2005-2003). His distinctions include Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honor), 2012 and Chevalier de l’Ordre national du Mérite (Knight of the National Order of Merit), 2005.
Tory Shepherd is the State Editor of The Advertiser, and one of the paper’s senior columnists. After finishing Honours in Anthropology and a Masters in Communication, she ended up as a ‘mature-age’ cadet at the paper a decade ago. She covered state politics, police rounds and health before absconding to fill in as the editor of The Punch, a national opinion website. The Advertiser lured her back to cover federal politics. As State Editor she is shifting her focus more towards State issues. Tory is a humanist, a feminist, and a chilli fanatic.
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: Strengthening our Democracy -Valuing our Diversity - and Building our Future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College