UniSA Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Grand Final
3MT: 3 minutes could change our world…
thursday 23 AUGUST,
6PM - 7.15PM
ACCESS VIDEOS HERE
Time is precious and so is our research.
1 slide. 3 minutes. Big Ideas.
3MT® is a national competition celebrating the research undertaken by PhD students. For a chance to represent UniSA at the Asia-Pacific 3MT® Final, our students will present their research to you using 1 slide, and in just 3 minutes.
Our 2018 finalists, and the research topics they will be presenting, are:
- Stewart McDougall: Screening for an invisible disability
- Laura Hodgson: Fairbnb
- Joe O’Leary: Navigating navigation systems
- Kate Riggall: Growing minds: A fingerprint for healthy brain development
- Nina Wilson: Fish fats are friends in pregnancy
- Brian Murphy: Making white wine crystal clear
- Jeff Ansah: The scientific fortune teller
- Tahnee Dening: Our great big “dirty” problem
Come to our event hosted by broadcaster and journalist, Julia Lester, where you can meet our candidates, learn more about their big ideas and help select the People’s Choice winner for 2018. The event promises to be an exciting evening of research, entertainment and networking, where one of our researchers will take a step towards competing in Queensland at the 3MT® national final, and will be followed by a reception in the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery.
For more information, email DGS.Executive@unisa.edu.au or call (08) 8302 5254.
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an academic research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia.
Presented in partnership with the The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre.
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: strengthening our democracy - valuing our diversity - and building our future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College