The Centre has been recognised in various ways for its contributions to public learning and societal advancement.
University of South Australia Chancellor's Awards for Community Engagement
The Hawke Centre has been a proud recipient of the Chancellor's Awards for Community Engagement, in 2006, 2004 and a special commendation in 2002.
2011 - Governor's Multicultural Award: Private sector category
The Hawke Centre was the proud recipient of a 2011 Governor's Multicultural Award acknowledging its long-term institutional commitment to multicultural understanding. It was particularly acknowledged that the Centre's engagement had international reach, presenting guest lecturers from around the world and examining the principles of democracy, diversity, egalitarianism and fairness.
2006 - International Alert Series: the BIG Issues with World Vision and AusAID
The Hawke Centre was awarded a Chancellor's Award for Community Engagement for the International Alert Series: the BIG Issues which provided a means to generate public dialogue on key issues affecting human well-being, freedom, security and livelihood across the globe.
2001 - Winner of the SA Great Education Award
The Hawke Centre was awarded the SA Great Award for Education in 2001, in recognition of outstanding services to the state, particularly in encouraging national and international focus on South Australia through its public program, gathering notable patrons and contributing to the South Australian community’s knowledge of significant issues.
2000 - The Australia Day 2000 Community Event of the Year
The City of West Torrens recognised the Barbara Hanrahan Community Tapestry project as the Community Event of the Year, recognising the Hawke Centre's commitment to both the arts and the community.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College