UniSA Australian HPV Super Series
UniSA is the lead sponsor for one of South Australia's most popular school activities, the Australian HPV (Human Powered Vehicle) Super Series.
Known to many South Australians as the Pedal Prix, the annual series of events is designed to develop competitors' teamwork, technological and engineering skills, enterprise and fitness and health. The UniSA Australian HPV Super Series involves more than 500 teams and draws up to 35,000 spectators to the Murray Bridge 24-hour endurance race.
The event encapsulates many of UniSA's core values around education, the development of sustainable communities, healthy lifestyles, communication and teamwork, and research and innovation.
Good luck to all teams competing in the UniSA Australian HPV Super Series.
For more information about UniSA Australian HPV Super Series visit pedalprix.com.au
For more information about studying at UniSA visit the Study at UniSA website.
The UniSA Australian HPV Super Series comprises of four rounds. The dates for 2019 are:
Round 1: 8-Hour - Series Race, Saturday 30 March – Mount Gambier
Round 2: 6-Hour - Series Race, Sunday 5 May – Loxton
Round 3: 6-Hour - Series Race, Saturday 15 & Sunday 16 June– Victoria Park
Round 4: 6-Hour - Series Race, Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July – Victoria Park
Round 5: 6-Hour - Series Race, Sunday 18 August – Busselton, Western Australia
Round 6: 24-Hour - Series Race, Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 September – Murray Bridge
Each UniSA Australian HPV Super Series round has four category classifications.
Category 1: Primary – riders are from years 5-7 only and under the age of 14 on 1 January 2019
Category 2: Junior Secondary – riders are under the age of 17 on 1 January 2019
Category 3: Senior Secondary – riders are under the age of 20 on 1 January 2019
Category 4: Open – riders exceed the age limit of Category 3, private and/or non-institutional teams.
To view the live 2018 results visit the UniSA Australian HPV Super Series Results website
The design of your Pedal Prix car is important in terms of efficiency and The University of South Australia would like to offer some tips on designing an efficient Pedal Prix car.
Production Innovation Design and Pedal Prix Fact Sheet
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College