Australia Day honours 2015
Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)
Bill Spurr AO, Diploma of Teaching in Further Education
AO for distinguished service to tourism, to education, particularly through international marketing, to the arts and sport as an administrator of institutions and events, and to the community of South Australia.
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Professor Malcolm Haskard AM, Graduate Diploma of Management
AM for significant service to science, particularly to electronic engineering, and to the community.
John McDonald AM, Diploma in Accountancy
AM for significant service to business through senior accountancy roles, to the not-for-profit sector, and to sporting organisations.
William Smith AM, Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice
AM for significant service to the law particularly through international justice tribunals and human rights organisations.
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
Margaret Claire Martlew OAM, Bachelor of Education (In Service)
OAM for service to the communities of Port Elliot and Victor Harbor.
Rachael Sporn OAM, Bachelor of Education (Secondary Physical Education)
OAM for service to basketball and to the community.
Anne Virgo OAM, Bachelor of Fine Art
OAM for service to the visual arts, particularly printmaking.
Past Australia Day honours
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College